Until the pandemic restrictions are eased, our Hubs are currently unable to offer face-to-face appointments and activities.
However, you can book and access services/activities by phone, email, post and zoom!
Healthy Hubs in Three Rivers offer free information, advice, support and community activities, to help you stay healthy, happy and well.
We work with a range of professionals who can help you get the right service or activity for your needs.
We have hubs working out of:
- Rickmansworth food bank: Methodist Church, Berry Lane, Rickmansworth WD3 7HJ, phone: 07375 365329, email: email@example.com
- The Hive: Leavesden Country Park, College Road, Abbots Langley WD5 0NX, phone: 07375 365329, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hillside Hub: School Mead, Abbots Langley, WD5 0LA, phone: 07375 365329, email: email@example.com
- ASCEND: 39 Oxhey Drive, South Oxhey WD19 7SD, phone: 07483 104911, email: Healthyhub@ascend.org.uk
SELECT A HUB:
When the restrictions ease: come along to the Rickmansworth Food Bank, Methodist Church, Berry Lane, Rickmansworth WD3 7HJ for an informal chat on Tuesdays 12noon-3pm and Fridays 1pm-3pm.
In the meantime: to book an appointment or for more information contact Charlie on 07375 365 329 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
When the restrictions ease: come along to the Healthy Hub in Leavesden, alternating between the Woodlands Café, Leavesden Country Park and the Hillside Community Hub, School Mead. The service runs on Wednesdays 12noon-3pm, for a confidential one to one chat with our wellbeing worker. Find out more about looking after your wellbeing, accessing local activities, organisations and support (booking required).
In the meantime: To book an appointment or for more information contact Charlie on 07375 365 329 or email email@example.com .
When the restrictions ease: come along to ASCEND: 39 Oxhey Drive, South Oxhey WD19 7SD
In the meantime: phone Jane Drury, Healthy Hub Officer on: 07483 104911, or email: Healthyhub@ascend.org.uk
The Healthy Hub/Step Up programme is still working hard on the phone, email, post and on zoom!
ASCEND staff are also contactable on 020 8420 1364 (ASCEND) and 020 8428 6725 (Step Up).
Residents who are self-isolating and in need of support from volunteers should contact Herts Help on 0300 123 4044.
<<< CORONAVIRUS SUPPORT >>>
What are we doing and how can you get involved?
- ASCEND is producing two newsletters each week and is circulated to ASCEND's client base of over 1,000 people & posted on Facebook. These contain all the activities taking place and other points of interest and things to do.
- Sarah Scotland has produced a free downloadable nutrition booklet to help people be savvy with food.
- The Book Club has continued and the group meet on Zoom.
- 'Get Ahead' mental health support group is to continue on Zoom. 'Culture Dance 2020' have set up a WhatsApp group to keep in touch and the tutor Sam Quy has provided a filmed demonstration for the group to follow.
- Wellbeing phone calls have taken place with all Healthy Hub clients.
- 'Step In Cafe' attendees have been contacted to check their wellbeing and we are planning a virtual afternoon tea experience.
- BBO activities are taking place with 3 seated exercise classes and 2 coffee mornings each week.
- A Zoom Drama course has just commenced.
- ASCEND is continue to offer learning by post for some of its courses to manage client engagement and continuity.
ASCEND offer a wide variety of both non-vocational and accredited courses designed to build self-esteem and skills as well as to gain nationally recognised qualifications. During the Covid-19 Pandemic, courses are still running with adaptations using learner packs and virtual teaching. For more information CLICK HERE or call Jane Ross on 07483 10491.
What is a Healthy Hub?
Our Healthy Hub is a one stop shop providing information, advice and support to improve the health and wellbeing of our community. Professionals are on hand to help you every step of the way. We provide lifestyle support for you whether it’s to stop smoking, help to lose weight, mental health support, encouragement to get more active or even advice on how to cut down on your drinking - your Healthy Hub can help you.
The Healthy Hub offers coffee mornings, health and wellbeing talks and activities on a weekly basis. We want you to know that you are not alone. We can link you to services and support teams across Three Rivers, some of whom meet regularly at the Healthy Hub, when not in lockdown. If you need someone to talk to, we will provide confidential one-to-one meetings within the Healthy Hub, when not in lockdown.
ASCEND also run a Step In Café at the Healthy Hub, when not in lockdown, for anyone over 50 who is lonely and would love to meet new friends living locally. The Cafe opens once a month on the second Saturday of the month and offers an opportunity to socialise with afternoon tea in a relaxed atmosphere with board games available for the more competitive as well as other activities and speakers.
Our local Healthy Hub is situated on 39 Oxhey Drive WD19 7SD
Jane is available from Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm