The Healthy Hub/Step Up building is currently CLOSED until further notice. ASCEND staff are contactable on 020 8420 1364 (ASCEND) and 020 8428 6725 (Step Up).
Residents who are self-isolating and in need of support from volunteers should contact Herts Help on 0300 123 4044.
<<< CORONAVIRUS SUPPORT >>>
What are we doing and how can you get involved?
- ASCEND is producing two newsletters each week and is circulated to ASCEND's client base of over 1,000 people & posted on Facebook. These contain all the activities taking place and other points of interest and things to do.
- Sarah Scotland has produced a free downloadable nutrition booklet to help people be savvy with food.
- The Book Club has continued and the group meet on Zoom.
- 'Get Ahead' mental health support group is to continue on Zoom. 'Culture Dance 2020' have set up a WhatsApp group to keep in touch and the tutor Sam Quy has provided a filmed demonstration for the group to follow.
- Wellbeing phone calls have taken place with all Healthy Hub clients.
- 'Step In Cafe' attendees have been contacted to check their wellbeing and we are planning a virtual afternoon tea experience.
- BBO activities are taking place with 3 seated exercise classes and 2 coffee mornings each week.
- A Zoom Drama course has just commenced.
- ASCEND is continue to offer learning by post for some of its courses to manage client engagement and continuity.
To find out more and get involved contact: Jane Drury, Healthy Hub Officer on 07483 104911 or email Healthyhub@ascend.org.uk.
ASCEND offer a wide variety of both non-vocational and accredited courses designed to build self-esteem and skills as well as to gain nationally recognised qualifications. During the Covid-19 Pandemic, courses are still running with adaptations using learner packs and virtual teaching. For more information CLICK HERE or call Jane Ross on 07483 10491.
What is a Healthy Hub?
Our Healthy Hub is a one stop shop providing information, advice and support to improve the health and wellbeing of our community. Professionals are on hand to help you every step of the way. We provide lifestyle support for you whether it’s to stop smoking, help to lose weight, mental health support, encouragement to get more active or even advice on how to cut down on your drinking - your Healthy Hub can help you.
The Healthy Hub offers coffee mornings, health and wellbeing talks and activities on a weekly basis. We want you to know that you are not alone; we can link you to services and support teams across Three Rivers, some of whom meet regularly at the Healthy Hub. If you need someone to talk to, we will provide confidential one-to-one meetings within the Healthy Hub.
ASCEND also run a Step In Café at the Healthy Hub, for anyone over 50 who is lonely and would love to meet new friends living locally. The Cafe opens once a month on the second Saturday of the month and offers an opportunity to socialise with afternoon tea in a relaxed atmosphere with board games available for the more competitive as well as other activities and speakers.
Our local Healthy Hub is situated on 39 Oxhey Drive WD19 7SD
Open Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm (The office is currently closed to visitors)
How to get in touch?