Regulatory Services Committee - 5 December 2018
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House05th December 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held on Wednesday 5 December 2018 in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, at the conclusion of the Licensing Committee meeting which starts at 7.30pm.
Members of the Regulatory Services Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chairman)
Martin Trevett (Vice Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
27 November 2018
The Regulatory Services Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Regulatory Services Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Regulatory Services Committee meeting held on 20 June 2018 and the Extraordinary Regulatory Services Committee meeting held on 15 October 2018.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
- DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
- REVIEW OF POLLING DISTRICTS AND POLLING PLACES To consider the results of the voter consultation exercise conducted in August this year for Polling District DCAA.
Upon Committee review to confirm or change the current Polling Station and or Polling District for DCAA.
6. REVIEW OF BYELAWS: NEW MODEL BYELAWS FOR PLEASURE GROUNDS, PUBLIC WALKS AND OPEN SPACES
This report provides Members with an update to the report received at Regulatory Committee on the 6 December 2017. At that time officers had prepared documents in support of new byelaws for Pleasure Grounds, Public Walks and Open Spaces. Please see Appendix 1 for the Minutes RG13/17.
- WORK PROGRAMME
To consider and make necessary changes to the Committee’s work programme.
- EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If any confidential business is approved, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional item(s) and a resolution to be passed in the following terms:
- “that under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under Paragraphs 1 to 7 of Schedule 12A to the Act.” It has been decided by the Council that in all circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
1. OTHER BUSINESS – if approved under item 3 above
General Enquiries: Please contact the Customer Services Centre, Tel: 01923 776611