Planning Committee - 17 August 2017
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House17th August 2017
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 17 August 2017 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman)
Sarah Nelmes (Vice-Chairman)
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
8 August 2017
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 20 July 2017.
- NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
- DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
- Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (18 Thornhill Road Moor Park Northwood) Tree Preservation Order 2017
- Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (Poplars 27 Sandy Lodge Lane Moor Park Northwood) Tree Preservation Order 2017
- The following applications (agenda items 8 to 12) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
- 17/0793/FUL – Single storey side and rear extensions and increase in ridge height to create two storey dwelling at 120 OAKLANDS AVENUE, OXHEY HALL, WD19 4LW for Mr S Patel
9. APPLICATION A:
17/1013/OUT - Outline Application: Part demolition of existing building and erection of replacement building to include 120 residential units and parking (all matters reserved), at 3 WOLSEY
BUSINESS PARK, TOLPITS LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, WD18 9BL for Mr Shamir Budhdeo
17/1015/OUT - Outline Application: Part demolition of existing building and erection of replacement building to include 60 residential units and parking (all matters reserved), at 4 SYMBIO PLACE,
WOLSEY BUSINESS PARK, TOLPITS LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, WD18 9BL for Mr Shamir Budhdeo
17/1179/OUT - Outline Application: Demolition of 2 x 3 storey office buildings (Units 3 and 4 Wolsey Business Park). Construction of replacement building to include 643 flats with underground
parking for 1176 cars (all matters reserved), at SYMBIO POINT, UNITS 3 AND 4 WOLSEY BUSINESS PARK, TOLPITS LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD18 9BL
- 17/1207/FUL – Proposed single storey rear extension at SILFIELD HOUSE, THE GREEN, SARRATT, HERTS, WD3 6BP for Mrs Brenda Goodwin
17/1217/LBC – Proposed single storey rear extension at SILFIELD HOUSE, THE GREEN, SARRATT, HERTS, WD3 6BP for Mrs Brenda Goodwin
- 17/1393/FUL – Addition of roof lantern and rear shaded panels to existing single storey rear extension and alterations to landscaping and fenestration at 57 WINTON DRIVE, CROXLEY GREEN, WD3 3RB for Mr and Mrs Osman.
- 17/1436/AOD– Approval of Details: Details pursuant to Condition 18 of hybrid planning permission 16/0005/FUL comprising layout, scale, appearance and landscaping for Phase 2 at LAND AT SOUTH OXHEY CENTRAL for Countryside Properties PLC
- OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
- EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
- OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015