Planning Committee - 10 September 2020
Virtual meeting by remote access10th September 2020
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a virtual/remote meeting to be held on Thursday 10 September 2020 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Chris Lloyd (Chair)
Raj Khiroya (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
1 September 2020
“The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 made under the Coronavirus Act 2020 enable Council/Committee meetings to be held in a virtual format and enables remote attendance.
The meeting will start at 7.30pm and will be virtual/remote, in that they will be conducted at no specific location and all participants are at various locations, communicating via audio and online.
The Council welcomes contributions from Members of the public to its discussion on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Committee. Details of the procedure are provided below:
Members of the public wishing to speak will be entitled to register and identify which application(s) they wish to speak on from the published agenda for the remote meeting. Those who wish to register to speak must do so by notifying the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting. The first 2 people to register on any application (1 for and 1 against) will be sent a link so that they can join the meeting to exercise that right. This will also allow the Committee Team to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the remote meeting to forward to the Chair of the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part 1 business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council's meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
Please note that the meeting is being held virtually. The business of the meeting will be live streamed at –
The Planning Committee virtual meeting protocol can be viewed here
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 13 August 2020.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 12) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 19/2133/FUL – Demolition of existing buildings and provision of 345 residential units (Use Class C3) in 2 buildings ranging from 3-7 storeys including a 1 and 2 storey podium; 621sqm of flexible commercial floor space (Use Class A1-A5, B1, D1/D2); 1,754sqm retail floorspace (Use Class A1) podium and surface level car and cycle parking; landscaping; and associated works at LAND AT SOUTH OXHEY, SOUTH OXHEY CENTRAL, HERTFORDSHIRE
6. 20/1163/FUL - Erection of outbuilding to rear garden including accommodation at first floor level served by dormers at 11 GALLOWS HILL, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD4 8PG
7. 20/1231/RSP - Part Retrospective: Part single, part two storey rear extensions, rear dormer window, alterations to front porch, internal alterations, alterations to fenestration, hanged tile to first floor rear extension wall and alterations to hard and soft landscaping including new front boundary wall, retaining walls, driveway, rear raised patio and new planting at 21 ASTONS ROAD, MOOR PARK, NORTHWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE, HA6 2LB
8. 20/1288/FUL - Single storey side extension and internal alterations to provide annexe accommodation, two storey rear extension including roof terrace and front infill extensions (amendment to planning permission 19/2069/FUL) at WILLOW TERN OVERSTREAM, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 4LD
9. 20/1363/FUL - Partial demolition of existing dwelling and erection of two storey side and rear extensions, loft conversion including dormer windows, alterations to fenestration and extension to raised driveway with balustrading and steps to front garden at CHELSEA HOUSE, 10 ASTONS ROAD, MOOR PARK, HA6 2LD
10. 20/1494/FUL - Variation of Condition 2 (Approved Plans) of planning permission 19/2213/FUL (Demolition of existing workshops and construction of a two-storey building containing 4 residential units (Use Class C3) including accommodation within the roof served by dormers to the front and rooflights to side and rear, alterations to vehicular access, associated car and bicycle parking, refuse and recycling storage, landscaping and associated works) to allow for internal alterations to the first and second floor level units at GREYSTONE WORKS, THE GREEN, CROXLEY GREEN, HERTS, WD3 3AN
11. 20/1537/FUL – Variation of Condition 2 (Approved Plans), 3 (Materials), 6 (Energy Saving Measures) and 7 (Parking) of planning permission 19/1166/FUL: (Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of detached two storey dwelling with raised access to front, raised decking area to rear and alterations to frontage) to allow increase in height of dwelling, alterations to fenestration, changes to materials and boundary treatment and changes to energy saving measures at 86 HIGHFIELD WAY, RICKMANSWORTH, WD3 7PH
12. 20/1603/FUL – Single storey front and rear extensions, internal alterations to offices at THE PAVILION, GREEN LANE, OXHEY HALL, WATFORD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD19 4LT
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
Application file(s) referenced above
Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
The Localism Act (November 2011)
The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at email@example.com