Audit Committee - 27 July 2021
Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL27th July 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Tuesday 27 July 2021 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Audit Committee:-
Margaret Hofman (Chair)
Keith Martin (Vice-Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
19 July 2021
The Audit Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Audit Committee meeting will not being broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be made available.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To receive the minutes the minutes from the Audit Committee meeting held on 8 July 2021.
3. NOTICE OF ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
5. EXTERNAL AUDITORS REPORT AND EXTERNAL AUDITOR AUDIT PLAN 2020/21
To receive a verbal update.
6. APPROVAL OF THE 2020/21 DRAFT STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS AND ANNUAL GOVERNANCE STATEMENT 2020/21 AND TREASURY MANAGEMENT ANNUAL REPORT 2020/21
The Committee will be asked to agree the following recommendations:
- That the Treasury Management Annual Report 2020/21 be noted;
- That the Committee approve the Draft Statement of Accounts for 2020/21 subject to final agreement by the Section 151 Officer (Shared Director of Finance);
- That the Section 151 Officer be delegated to finalise the Draft Statement of Accounts for 2020/21;
- That the Draft Statement of Accounts be published by 31 July 2021
- That the published Statement of Accounts be brought back to the Audit Committee for discussion in September.
7. COMMERCIAL GOVERNANCE REPORT
To receive the Policy and Resources Committee report from the 14 June 2021 meeting for information.
8. COMMITTEE WORK PROGRAMME
To receive the Committee’s work programme.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
10. EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
If any confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional item(s) and a resolution to be passed in the following terms
“that under Section 100A (4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under the respective paragraphs of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act”.
1. OTHER BUSINESS – if approved under item 3 above
General Enquiries to the Committee Team at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk