Community Governance Review - Historical information
This page contains information about the Community Governance Review undertaken by Three Rivers District Council between October 2015 and October 2016. For the latest information about the review, please follow this link.
Originally published in December 2015 and updated regularly between January 2016 and October 2016.
Three Rivers District Council has received a petition from the 4Wards Community Council Campaign organisers for a Community Governance Review, with a view to creating a new community council for the unparished part of the district. At least 7.5% of the local electors signed the petition. We are required by the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 to consult with residents, in the area affected by the proposed change, for their views.
For more information about a Community Governance Review, please see the Questions and Answers link below
A ballot of the local electorate, in the area of the review, took place between Monday 27th June and Noon on Friday 15th July 2016.
The ballot was conducted by Electoral Reform Services, independently of Three Rivers Council.
This Ballot is now closed.
In consulting on local views, this took two parts:
1) consultation on the proposed Terms of Reference (Completed and approved by Regulatory Committee on the 2 March 2016)
2) a ballot of the electorate in the unparished area (this took place from the 27th June to noon on the 15th July 2016)
This ballot is now completed and the headline results are:
- 4,607 valid votes were cast. 2,525 voted ‘Yes’ for a Parish Council. 2,082 voted ‘No’ against a Parish Council. A difference of 443 votes.
- The total turnout was 28.1% (4,607 ballot papers returned).
- The ward of Chorleywood North & Sarratt voted 64% (24) to 35% (13) against a Parish Council
- The ward of Chorleywood South and Maple Cross voted 62% (320) to 37% (190) against a Parish Council
- The ward of Moor Park and Eastbury voted 65% (923) to 34% (486) in favour of a Parish Council
- The ward of Penn and Mill End voted 50% (637) to 49% (631) in favour of a Parish Council
- The ward of Rickmansworth Town voted 55% (762) to 45% (621) in favour of a Parish Council
- The highest turnout was in the Moor Park and Eastbury ward, with 30% (1410)
- The lowest turnout was in the Chorleywood North and Sarratt ward with 24% (37)
Residents in the unparished area are welcome to send their questions and opinions to the Consult@threerivers.gov.uk email address
Below you can find further information about the Community Governance Review, a map of the area and relevant Committee reports. A Councillor Working Party has been set up; links to the Agendas and Minutes of meetings can be found below.
For more information please read the Questions and Answers (pdf)
An explanation of Precepts and Special Expenses (pdf) can be found here
Report to Full Council 7 December 2015 can be found by following this link
Minutes of the Regulatory Services Committee 2 December 2015 can be found by following this link
Timetable (doc) (subject to change)
Meetings and Minutes
Link to agenda for Community Governance Review Working Party on Monday 8 February 2016 at 6pm in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House.
Minutes of Community Governance Review Working Party on Thursday 28 January 2016.
Minutes of Community Governance Review Working Party on Monday 8 February 2016.
Minutes of Community Governance Review Working Party on Wednesday 2 March 2016
Link to agenda for Community Governance Review Working Party on Monday 22 February 2016 at 6pm, in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House.
The public Questions and Answers from the public meeting held on the 22 February 2016.