Brown Bins (Garden Waste)
Garden Waste Collection - Payment Subscription
The garden waste collection service is chargeable, meaning that only brown bins that are paid for and displaying the sticker (sent to you upon payment) will be emptied. The annual charge is £35, with a reduction for certain benefits (see terms and conditions). Second and third bins are charged at £70 each.
Please click on this link to subscribe to the Garden Waste Collections Service . To sign up to this service online, you must have a modern browser. The self service portal does not support Internet Explorer 8,9 and 10. Example of modern browsers include Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari (Apple Users), Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11.
What can you recycle in your brown bin?
The brown bin (chargeable), which is collected fortnightly, is for garden waste. You can have a maximum of three brown bins (all chargeable)
- Garden waste
- Real Christmas trees (next to the brown bin)
Please download more recycling information (pdf).
- NO cardboard or food should be placed in the brown bin.
- A Fixed Penalty Notice may be issued to residents that persistently and wilfully put the wrong items in their brown bin.
- The brown bin must be left at the property boundary by 6am on the day of collection.
- All residents are encourage to place their house name / number on each bin.
Elderly, infirm and disabled residents who have no other resident to help them move the bin may apply for an assisted collection. The bin must still be visible at the front of the property but does not have to be moved to the boundary. To apply for this service please download the Application Form for Assisted Collection (doc)