Physical Activity Referral Scheme
Watford and Three Rivers Physical Activity Referral Scheme
If you want help to get up and get Active 4 Life, this referral scheme could be for you. The Change 4 Life GP physical activity referral scheme in Watford and Three Rivers is for adults wishing to get up and get active. The scheme offers local residents the opportunity to access a 12 week programme at a participating leisure venue, supported by a fully qualified and friendly instructor.
- Speak to one of the above leisure centres or your GP for more information to register onto the scheme
- You can download the referral form (docx) to take with you to your Health Professional.
- Read the patient leaflet (doc) for tips on what to wear and bring to your activity session and an understanding of how the scheme operates.
- Read local residents PARS Testimonials who have found exercising within the scheme has seen an improvement to their health.
This includes a personalised activity plan with regular review sessions, access to gym and swim sessions for a subsidised rate of £3.50 per visit and lifestyle goal setting to keep you on track once the programme has ended.
Dr Kevin Barrett, GP at the New Road Surgery in Croxley Green said: “Getting back into exercise can seem daunting at first, but this programme is a really easy, supportive way to become more active and make the most of all the health benefits that brings. Increasing your physical activity levels can reduce your risk of developing heart problems, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and even some types of cancer. The staff at the leisure centres are very experienced in helping people take those first steps to fitness and you’ll soon start making the small changes that can make the biggest difference to your life.”
The Active 4 Life scheme is open to residents who meet a set criteria, are aged 16 and over and either live or are registered to a GP practice in Watford or Three Rivers. The participating leisure venues are: William Penn Leisure Centre, Rickmansworth; The Centre, South Oxhey; Watford Woodside Leisure Centre, Garston and Watford Central Leisure Centre, Watford.
Once accepted you will receive:
- A 12 week programme of support with a qualified and friendly instructor
- Personalised activity plan with review sessions
- Access to Gym and Swim sessions for no more than £3.50*
- Lifestyle goal setting
*Lower concessionary rates available, call participating leisure centre for details
How do you rate the information on this web page?
Did this page give you the information you were looking for?
If you click on one of the faces you will be taken to an automated email. Unless you wish to add any extra comments or suggestions, just click on "send" to let us know how this page is performing. We will not keep your details unless you ask for a response.