Planning Committee - 23 June 2022
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House23rd June 2022
NOTICE AND AGENDA
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber at Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, WD3 1RL on Thursday 23 June 2022 at 7.30pm
Members of the Planning Committee:-
Steve Drury (Chair)
Matthew Bedford (Vice Chair)
Joanne Wagstaffe, Chief Executive
14 June 2022
The Council welcomes contributions from members of the public to aid discussions on agenda items at Planning Committee meetings.
Details of the procedure are provided below:
For those wishing to speak:
Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee.
Members of the public are entitled to speak on an application from the published agenda for the meeting either in support of the application or against. Those who wish to register to speak are asked to advise the Committee team by e-mail (CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk) 48 hours before the meeting if possible or can arrive on the night from 7pm to register. One person can speak in support of the application and one against. Registering 48 hours before the meeting allows the Committee Team time to prepare the speaker sheet in advance of the meeting.
Please note that contributions will be limited to no more than three minutes.
For those wishing to observe:
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meetings. You can request a place as an observer by contacting the Committee Team by email at CommitteeTeam@threerivers.gov.uk 48 hours in advance of the meeting taking place if possible or can arrive on the night from 7pm.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Legislation and the laws of libel and defamation.
The Planning Committee meeting will not be broadcast/livestreamed but a recording of the meeting will be available after the meeting.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held on 26 May 2022.
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chair to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council they are entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
The following applications (agenda items 5 to 14) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
5. 22/0033/FUL – Proposed demolition of existing office block and multi-storey car park and redevelopment to provide 6 no. warehouses for a flexible range of employment uses (within Classes E(g)(iii), B2 and / or B8) with ancillary offices together with associated works at HERTFORD PLACE, DENHAM WAY, MAPLE CROSS, WD3 9AB
6. 22/0199/FUL - Two-storey side and rear extension and loft conversion including insertion of rooflights and alterations to external materials at 59 CHESTNUT AVENUE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 4HA
7. 22/0217/RSP – Part Retrospective: Erection of detached open-sided garden structure with pizza oven including associated vent and erection of trellis fence at SOUNDGARDEN, BERRY LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5ET
8. 22/0284/FUL - Construction of two timber outbuildings at BURY LAKE YOUNG MARINERS, FROGMORE LANE, WD3 1NB
9. 22/0378/FUL – Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of a two storey detached dwelling with loft accommodation including rear dormer windows and front and flank rooflights at 79 WESTBURY ROAD, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3DA
10. 22/0526/FUL - Erection of two storey side and rear extension at 95 KINDERSLEY WAY, ABBOTS LANGLEY, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD5 0DG
11. 22/0617/FUL - District Council Application: Extension to existing play area including the installation of outdoor gym equipment at EASTBURY RECREATION GROUND & PLAY AREA, BATCHWORTH LANE, EASTBURY, NORTHWOOD, HA6 3AU
plans-183.pdf (pdf) Photos to follow
12. 22/0630/FUL - Erection of detached outbuilding at ASH COTTAGE, WHITEGATES CLOSE, CROXLEY GREEN, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 3JY
13. 22/0731/FUL - First floor extension above existing ground floor extension at 6 THE CRESCENT, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0DS
14. 22/0823/FUL: Conversion of garage to habitable accommodation, removal of front bay window, single storey front extension and removal of chimney at 2 DELLMEADOW, ABBOTS LANGLEY, WD5 0BA
15. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under Item 3 above
16. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015
- Croxley Green Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version December 2018)
- Chorleywood Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version August 2020)
General Enquiries: Please contact the Committee Team at firstname.lastname@example.org