Planning Committee - 15 October 2015
Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House14th October 2015
Notice and Agenda
For a meeting to be held in the Penn Chamber, Three Rivers House, Rickmansworth, on Thursday 15 October 2015 at 7.30pm.
Members of the Planning Committee:
Chris Whately-Smith (Chairman)
Chris Lloyd (Vice-Chairman)
Ann Shaw OBE
Steven Halls, Chief Executive
6 October 2015
The Planning Committee welcomes contributions from members of the public to its discussion on agenda items. Contributions will be limited to one person speaking for and one against each item for not more than three minutes. Please note that, in the event of registering your interest to speak on an agenda item but not taking up that right because the item is deferred, you will automatically be given the right to speak on that item at the next meeting of the Planning Committee. Details of the procedure and the list for registering the wish to speak will be available for a short period before the meeting.
In accordance with The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 any matters considered under Part I business only of the meeting may be filmed, recorded, photographed, broadcast or reported via social media by any person.
Recording and reporting the Council’s meetings is subject to the law and it is the responsibility of those doing the recording and reporting to ensure compliance. This will include the Human Rights Act, the Data Protection Act and the laws of libel and defamation.
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
To confirm as a correct record the Minutes of the meeting held on 17 September 2015 (circulated separately).
3. NOTICE OF OTHER BUSINESS
Items of other business notified under Council Procedure Rule 30 to be announced, together with the special circumstances that justify their consideration as a matter of urgency. The Chairman to rule on the admission of such items.
4. DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
To receive any declarations of interest.
Where a member of this Planning Committee is also a member of a Parish Council he/she is entitled to take part in any debate at this Committee on an application within that Parish area provided that the Councillor
- has an open mind about the application
- is not bound by the views of the Parish Planning Committee and
- can deal with the application fairly and on its merits at Committee
Subject to the above the Councillor will declare a registrable non-pecuniary interest in the item as a member of the Parish Council and will be entitled to stay speak and vote
5. Consideration of Objections and Confirmation of Three Rivers (18 North Approach Moor Park Northwood) Tree Preservation Order 2015
15 10 15 PC i (05) - TPO - 18 North Approach - Moor Park - Northwood
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The following applications (agenda items 7 to 11) are submitted for the Committee’s decision and, unless otherwise stated, staffing, financial and legal implications are not applicable. Environmental implications are dealt with in the individual reports.
7. 15/1207/FUL - Demolition of one outbuilding, extension of existing pump house to provide additional storage or distribution (Class B8) space, extension of second outbuilding to be used for ancillary staff facilities, use of third outbuilding as site/security office and alterations to landscaping and outside storage area at TROY MILLS, OLD UXBRIDGE ROAD, WEST HYDE, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 9YB for Cheetah Couriers
15 10 15 PC i (07) - 15 1207 FUL - Troy Mills - Old Uxbridge Road - Maple Cross
8. 15/1650/FUL - Construction of replacement clubhouse, boat storage and workshop; and landscaping works including pontoon, jetties and shipway, provision of hardstanding, entrance sign and removal of trees at THE BOATHOUSE BURY LAKE, THE AQUADROME, FROGMOOR LANE, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE for Bury Lake Young Mariners
15 10 15 PC i (08) - 15 1650 FUL - Boathouse - Bury Lake - Aquadrome
9. 15/1711/FUL: Change of use from B2 (General Industrial) to D2 (Assembly and Leisure) to provide a dance school at UNIT 6 MOOR PARK INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, TOLPITS LANE, WATFORD, HERTS, WD18 9SP for Croxley School of Dance
15 10 15 PC i (09) - 15 1711 FUL - Moor Park Industrial Est - Tolpits Lane - Watford
10. 15/1813/ADV - Advertisement Consent: District Council Application: Mural to consist of hand painted tiles mounted on wall at WATERSMEET, HIGH STREET, RICKMANSWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 1EH for Three Rivers District Council
15 10 15 PC i (10) - 15 1813 ADV - Watersmeet - High Street - Rickmansworth
11. 15/1888/FUL – First floor extension to create a two storey dwelling at 1 QUICKLEY BROW, QUICKLEY LANE, CHORLEYWOOD, HERTFORDSHIRE, WD3 5AX for Michael Lee
15 10 15 PC i (11) - 15 1888 FUL - 1 Quickley Brow - Quickley Lane - Chorleywood
12. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
13. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
If the Committee wishes to consider the remaining item in private, it will be appropriate for a resolution to be passed in the following terms:-
“that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item(s) of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined under paragraphs (1 -7) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act. It has been decided by the Council that in all the circumstances, the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.”
(Note: If other confidential business is approved under item 3, it will also be necessary to specify the class of exempt or confidential information in the additional items.)
1. OTHER BUSINESS – If approved under item 3 above.
Background Papers (used when compiling the above reports but they do not form part of the agenda)
- Application file(s) referenced above
- Three Rivers Core Strategy (adopted October 2011)
- Development Management Policies LDD (adopted July 2013)
- Site Allocations Local Development Document (SALDD) (adopted November 2014)
- The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Charging Schedule (adopted February 2015)
- Supplementary Planning Documents and Guidance
- National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- Government Circulars
- The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended)
- Town and Country Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990
- Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004
- The Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006
- The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010
- The Localism Act (November 2011)
- The Growth and Infrastructure Act (April 2013)
- Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015
- Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015