Venue Technician - Watersmeet
Watersmeet Venue Technician
£17,681 to £20,541 p.a. excluding local weighting
37 hours per week
Watersmeet is a 515 seat venue owned and operated by Three Rivers District Council. The venue plays host to a variety of shows, films and events throughout the year including one nighters, NT Live screenings, the latest blockbuster movies, local theatre groups and an annual pantomime.
The Venue Technician is responsible for assisting the Technical & Building Manager with the delivery of all production and technical services across Watersmeet’s events, films and performances as well as ensuring all building maintenance is carried out in line with council and venue policies.
What we are looking for:-
We are looking for an all-round venue technician with a particular interest or specialism in either lighting, sound or projection. The following is an example of the type of duties you would be doing:
- To assist with the setting up and running of all events including staging, Lighting and sound, flying of hemp bars and operation of winch lines.
- To run the projector for cinema for films and live broadcasts
- Get-ins, fit ups and get outs – to assist in stage loading and unloading, setting up stage
- Stage management and crewing – working backstage during shows, moving scenery.
- To act as the duty technician in absence of the technical manager
- Rigging, focussing, plotting and operating stage lighting.
- Rigging, sound checking and live sound operation – and to assist in mic distribution, sound checks.
- Equipment and building maintenance – general wear and tear fixings, alterations, installations.
- All Health and Safety checklists – to carry out checks on opening and closing checklist, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting tests, fire alarm testing, and legionella testing.
- Attendance of hires – to be in the venue and to assist the Technical Manager as instructed.
- Assisting front of house with tasks when necessary
For an informal discussion please contact Josh Sills on 01923 727388
Closing date: 28 October 2018
An application pack for this position can be downloaded from the panel to the right of this advert.
Completed applications should be emailed to the Shared HR Service for Watford Borough and Three Rivers District Council email@example.com or returned to Human Resources at Watford Town Hall.
Strongly committed to equality of opportunity in employment and in service. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.