Revenues Officer (full-time post 37 hrs per week).
About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood is a short drive away.
At a glance
• 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt.
• 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
• Very low crime rate
• The district ranks highly for business registrations and start ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
What we are looking for:- We are looking for an experienced Revenues Officer to join our committed and fast-moving Revenues team. As a Revenues Officer, you would collect council tax, non-domestic or business rates as well as BID levy (Business Improvement District) and deal with the related administrative work. You’d apply the rules carefully and fairly so that everyone pays the right amount.
- Calculate council tax and business rates
- Send bills and reminders
- Collect and record payments
- Deal with enquiries face to face and by phone, email and post
- Keep accurate computerised records
- Recover arrears of council tax, business rates, housing benefit overpayments and sundry debts
- Make home and business visits where required
- Identify possible discounts on council tax and business rates charges like Single Persons Discount
- Take legal action where necessary
- Attend court when required
Please be aware that this post does entail some working from the office usually one or two days per week.
What we offer:-Salary £32,050 to £35,674 per annum including London Weighting.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including a competitive salary, 28 days’ holiday - rising to 30 days’ (if applicable), a generous employer contribution pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working, career development, free on-site parking, cycle-to-work scheme, discounted leisure centre membership, employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out.
A basic DBS/enhanced DBS check will be carried out for this post.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Sophie Ayscough, Revenues Manager, (T:) 01923 278084.