Interpretation of bylaws
Byelaws made under Section 235 of the Local Government Act 1972 by the Council of Three Rivers District for the Good Rule and Government of the District of Three Rivers and for the prevention and suppression of nuisances.
1. In these byelaws:
"the Council" means Three Rivers District Council;
"the car park" means the areas listed in the Schedule,
"invalid carriage" means a vehicle, whether mechanically propelled or not -
(a) the unladen weight of which does not exceed 150 kilograms;
(b) the width of which does not exceed 0.85 metres; and
(c) which has been constructed or adapted for use for the carriage of a person suffering from a disability and used solely by such a person;
"self propelled vehicle" means a vehicle other than a cycle, invalid carriage, pram or pushchair, which is propelled by the weight or force of one or more persons skating, sliding or riding on the vehicle or by one or more other persons pulling or pushing the vehicle".
2. These byelaws apply to the land at Three Rivers House and Basing House, Rickmansworth shown hatched black on the attached plan and all those car parking areas of Three Rivers District Council listed in the attached Schedule.
3. No person shall skate, slide or ride on rollers, skateboards, or other self propelled vehicles in the car park.
4. (1) No person shall ride a cycle in the car park except
(a) along such routes as may be fixed by the Council and indicated by signs in conspicuous positions in that car park, or
(b) for the purpose of parking a cycle in any cycle rack provided in that car park or other reasonable excuse.
(2) Byelaw 4 (1) shall only apply to the Three Rivers and Basing House Rickmansworth car park, and the Causeway House Car Park, Abbots Langley.
5. No person shall urinate or defecate in the car park except in any public toilet provided for such use in the car park.
Removal of Structures or Moveable Items
6. No person shall without reasonable excuse remove from the car park or displace within the car park any barrier, railing, post, seat or any other moveable item or structure.
Unauthorised Erection of Structures
7. No person shall erect any structure in the car park without the consent of the Council.
Interference with Appliances
8. No person shall in the car park interfere with or remove any lamp, reflector, cone or other apparatus used for giving warning of or lighting any obstruction, excavation or danger.
Playing of Games
9. No person shall play or take part in any game in the car park.
10. No person shall in the car park throw or use any device to propel or discharge in the car park any object which is liable to cause injury or annoyance to any other person.
11. No person shall in the car park light a fire, or place, throw or drop a lighted match or any other thing likely to cause a fire.
12. No person shall in the car park:-
(a) obstruct any officer of the Council in the proper execution of his duties;
(b) obstruct any person carrying out an act which is necessary to the proper execution of any contract with the Council; or
(c) obstruct any other person in the proper use of the car park.
13. (i) It shall not be an offence under these byelaws for an officer of the Council or any person acting in accordance with a contract with the Council to do anything necessary to the proper execution of his duty.
(ii) Nothing done in or under these byelaws shall in any respect prejudice or injuriously affect any public right of way through the car park, or the rights of any person acting legally by virtue of some estate, right or interest in, over or affecting the car park or any part of the car park.
14. Any person offending against any of these byelaws shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 2 on the standard scale.
Schedule of Car Parking Areas
Three Rivers House and Basing House Rickmansworth
Land at the rear of Nos. 117-185 New Road Croxley Green (Barton Way)
Land to the rear of Nos. 1-11 Bury Lane Rickmansworth
Land to the south east of the Town Ditch at the bend in Talbot Road Rickmansworth
Land on the south side of Talbot Road (west of No. 18 Talbot Road) Rickmansworth
Land at the junction of Talbot Road and High Street Rickmansworth
Ferry Car Park Chorleywood
Causeway House Car Park Abbots Langley
Bridlington Road Car Park South Oxhey
Station Approach Car Park South Oxhey
Land on the south side of High Street with entrance to Parsonage Road Rickmansworth
Land at the north side of Talbot Road (west of No. 9 Talbot Road) Rickmansworth
Land at the junction of Ebury Road and Bury Lane Rickmansworth
Two-storey car park in Northway Rickmansworth
Land on the north side of Watford Road between the Red House Public House and No. 131 Watford Road
Land to the south of No. 47 Talbot Road Rickmansworth
The Centre Gosforth Lane South Oxhey
George V Car Park opposite William Penn Centre Rickmansworth
THE COMMON SEAL of THREE RIVERS DISTRICT COUNCIL was hereunto affixed this 2nd day of August 2004 in the presence of:-
Interpretation of bylawsMotor Vehicles