Financial Services Officer
This is a support role within the technical team and the successful post holder will be expected to undertake some of the following duties in a generic financial services officer appointment:
- Treasury functions including conducting transactions in money markets and ensuring partner councils achieve the best return on investments and borrowing and protecting the cash flow positions.
- Technical accounting services for the budget setting and monitoring frameworks, government grants and statistics, closing of accounts, financial statements and external audit, capital funding and asset accounting.
- Accounts Payable service to the Council’s suppliers.
- Payroll accounting functions and associated activities including reconciliations of leased cars and staff loans.
- Income accounting, bank transactions and investigating unidentified income.
- Performing reconciliations for bank, cash, web and card payments.
- Assisting with, and performing, other reconciliations, as required.
- Assisting in preparatory work for budgets and annual accounts.
- Management, administration and effective control of the both councils’ insurances.
What we are looking for:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to influence teams
- Capability to brief and advise senior management
- Excellent personal organisation and the ability to organise others
- Maintain calm while under pressure
- Flexible and resilient
How to apply:
An application pack for this position can be downloaded from the panel to the right of this advert.
Alternatively you can contact our Customer Service Centre.
Strongly committed to equality of opportunity in employment and in service. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.