25th April 2017
Please see below some of the construction work being undertaken for HS2:
- From 19 April overnight closures on the M25 will be necessary to install the traffic management so that construction of the access roads can begin. The M25 clockwise carriageway will have narrow lanes and a speed restriction of 50mph in place until the access roads have been completed which is expected to be June 2018.
- From 25 April 2017, construction work on the access roads from the M25 will commence, with work carried out Monday to Friday during daylight hours. Main construction vehicles will access the site directly from the M25.
- In addition, as referenced in the letter of 13 March, from 18 April for approximately six weeks, further ground investigations and archaeology surveys will be undertaken in the fields alongside the M25 between Chalfont Lane and Hornhill Road and south of Chalfont Lane. This work is due to take place between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- The ground investigations will be carried out by Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks to gather essential data on ground conditions prior to undertaking utility diversions. The archaeology survey, carried out by COPA, involves digging trenches to identify whether any prehistoric or Roman remains survive within the site.
- Both contractors will take measures to reduce any impact these works may have as far as possible. You may notice a small number of vehicle movements as the surveyors move equipment to and from the site, and carry out the survey activity itself.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the HS2 enquiries helpdesk on 020 7944 4908 or by emailing HS2enquiries@hs2.org.uk.