Private Hire Operator Licence
A private hire vehicle can only be sent to a customer by a licensed private hire operator. There are a number of conditions which an operator must adhere to and these are provided to every operator at the time of licensing.
If you wish to apply to for an operator licence, you will need to complete our application form and return it to the Council by appointment with your fee (£965.00). You will also need to bring a Basic Disclosure Certificate which is dated within the last 30 days, to your appointment. To book your appointment please call 01923 776611 and speak to a member of the Licensing Team. Once your application has been submitted you will be subject to a visit from the Licensing Compliance Officer to ascertain if the operating premises meet the Private Hire Operator Standard Conditions.
Register of Private Hire Operators (pdf)
- Fee for Private Hire Operator Licence (5 years) is £965.00
- All Operator Licences will be subject to a minimum standard of an annual premises check
- All Operator Licences will be subject to an annual Basic Disclosure Certificate
Renewal Applications from 1 October 2015:
Please request a Renewal Application Pack from Three Rivers via reception or email ONE MONTH prior to expiry. If you wish to continue to be licensed by this authority, you will need to complete the renewal form and return it to the Council with the relevant fee of £965.00. You will also need to bring a Basic Disclosure Certificate which is dated within the last 30 days, to your appointment. To book your appointment please call 01923 776611 and speak to a member of the Licensing Team.
Important Renewal Appointment Information:
- All forms must be filled in prior to your appointment
- Your renewal appointment must be booked at least 10 working days before expiry
- You will be required to produce your annual Basic Disclosure Certificate
- Submit an up to date Private Hire Operator Drivers & Vehicle List
- £965 Licence fee
The legal duty to be properly licensed rests with yourself. Therefore, if in future you do not receive a reminder from the Council you must still seek to renew your licence. It is an offence to take a booking for Private Hire without a current and valid Private Hire Operator’s licence.
All licences must be renewed by their expiry date, as shown on the licence. Any application to renew a licence that has gone beyond its expiry date will need to reapply as a new application.
Suggested Next Steps: