Electoral Registration

If you wish to contact an officer for information about Electoral Registration or Elections please see the Officer Contact Page.

If you move house during the year, please complete our  Voter Registration Form which you can download below or you can contact us by phone on 01923 776611 or email enquiries@threerivers.gov.uk

There are two versions of the Register. The full version which lists everyone who is entitled to vote is only available to certain people and organisations for specified purposes. The edited version is available to anyone who requests it to use for any purpose. You can choose whether or not you wish your name to appear on the edited Register.

Giving notice under Section 11 of the Data Protection Act 1998

Because of the public nature of the Edited Register, there is the option for any person who registers to vote to decide whether or not they want their details to be included in this version. In order to ensure an elector's details are NOT included in the edited version, they are asked to 'opt-out' of it. This option is given on every registration form and annual registration form sent out by the Electoral Registration Officer.

There is however the option to ask for your details to be PERMANENTLY removed from the Edited Register of Electors under Section 11 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

Under Section 11 of the Data Protection Act 1998, a person can give notice that they do not want their personal information to be used for direct marketing.  If you give notice under Section 11, the Electoral Registration Officer must ensure that your data is permanently removed from the Edited Register of Electors so that it is not available for purchase.  If you give notice, the Electoral Registration Officer will record that you have made the permanent choice that you do not want to appear on the Edited Register now or in the future.

If you would like to permanently opt-out of the Edited Register under Section 11 of the Data Protection Act 1998 then you will need to complete and sign a Section 11 Notice, which can be downloaded below.

downloadable document icon
downloadable document icon

Completed forms should be returned to the Electoral Registration Officer, Three Rivers District Council, Three Rivers House, Northway, Rickmansworth, Herts WD3 1RL or e-mailed to electoral.services@threerivers.gov.uk


To check that you are on the Register telephone the Customer Service Centre on 01923 776611 or email enquiries@threerivers.gov.uk

Why register?

If you are not on the Register you will not be able to vote. The Register can also be used to confirm your address if you apply for a mortgage or other forms of credit.

If you are not on the Electoral Register, you can complete the Household Enquiry Form below and return it to the Council.

downloadable document icon

Methods of voting

You can vote:

  • in person at a polling station
  • by post
  • by proxy (someone else votes at your polling station for you)
  • by postal proxy (your proxy votes by post) 

To apply for a postal and/or proxy vote, please telephone 01923 776611 or e-mail enquiries@threerivers.gov.uk